The old Village Hall was bought, by Mungrisdale Women’s Institute, in 1924 for £82 from the Carrock Mining Company. It was dismantled and transported by horse and cart to the site opposite The Mill Inn.
The Old Hall - November 1924 to 8th March 2004
The overall fabric of the building had deteriorated and the hall lacked the modern amenities required by today’s standards. A decision was taken therefore to raise funds for a new hall.
In March 2003 we were very pleased to receive a major Community Fund grant which provided the impetus to move forward. After two years of planning and fundraising including grants from Eden District Council and Defra, building of the new hall began in March 2004. The new hall was completed early in 2005 at a cost of £368,000.
Mungrisdale Village Hall is a very important part of village life and the new building provides a focus for very many activities for both young and old in the community for many years to come.
The New Hall - Opened by HRH Prince of Wales, 23rd March 2004
Village Hall >